Thursday, July 22, 2010

Gotta be clean!

Last night I realized there were a few things I missed in my budget: pet care (we have 3 cats), personal care, home cleaning, car care and professional expenses.

Personal care and home cleaning are fairly easy to address. I have an off an on addiction to using local drugstore incentive programs to get free or super cheap items. Items include: soap, tooth paste, tooth brushes, shampoo, conditioner, shaving needs, diapers, paper products and much more! I'm going to be diligent in using these programs. I solemnly vow I will not pay more than $1 for any personal care or cleaning products. Oh, but what about the laundry? I've got it covered. I will go back to making my own laundry soap. I want to find a good dishwasher detergent recipe that doesn't leave a white residue on everything!

I'm going to need to look more closely at the other expenses. Cats need food, litter, and vaccines. Care care includes: basic maintenance and license plates. Professional care is going to be a doozy. Kevin requires 2 licenses, as well as 2 professional memberships/accreditation. I on the other hand only have 1 license to think about. More number crunching to come and a revised budget. I hope there is some more money I missed!

Just a quick though on professional expenses, I think next tax check will be used to cover theses costs. We could also use tax money for the cat vet visit and license plates! I'm going to have to remember this!

No comments:

Post a Comment