Here's my money plan:
1. Put into writing monthly income and bills. This is the first step to seeing how much I have to work with for groceries and gas.
2. Set a monthly grocery budget. Since our income twice monthly, I will evenly divide the budgeted amount by two. Then, I will withdraw this amount on payday. I will be on a cash-only grocery budget.
3. Clearly define what bills are due when. Using planner, write down bill due dates.
4. Bring utility bills up to date.
5. Once utility bills are current, I will use my bank's bill payment system to arrange all bills to be paid automatically!
6.To keep from taking money out throughout the month, I will purchase 2 gas gift cards for hubby and myself at the beginning of the month.
Maya just woke up from nap. Motherhood calls. Time to make lunch. I will work on step 1 today.
To keep me accountable, I will report here.