Thursday, May 13, 2010

Greetings!

Hello! My name is Kristen. I married my high school sweetheart Kevin at sunrise on July 25, 2006 in beautiful Hawaii! We welcomed our first daughter Maya October 20, 2008 and our second daughter Autumn January 17, 2010. Yup, that’s right; they’re only 15 months apart! It wasn’t our planned spacing, but I wouldn’t change a thing!

I have an associate degree in nursing. I worked full time as a registered nurse in the emergency room from 2007 until the arrival of Maya. Then, I began working every-other weekend. Then, Autumn came, at which time, I became a full-time mom. I work occasionally still to keep up my skills, get out, earn a little extra money for the family, and see the wonderful people I work with (to date, I have worked one shift :) )

I am spiritual (not religious), vegetarian, try to be conscious of what I eat (i.e. no high fructose corn syrup or hydrogenated oils), I prefer organic, our 15 month old still hasn’t had: a vaccine, cake, ice cream, cookies, etc, we cloth diaper, make our own: baby wipes, laundry soap, baby food and working on more! My sister calls me “green” whatever that means :). Kevin and I try to make informed decisions about our family’s lives.

We are constantly questioned about our lifestyle choices. I titled this blog “A Journey to Living Out loud” because I want to share our life including our: lifestyle, thoughts, beliefs and journey towards goals. This is my little family’s journey through life!

No comments:

Post a Comment